Out of School Provision
St James Out of School Club specialise in providing a safe, fun, happy environment, and quality care for children who attend St James (Daisy Hill) CE Primary School.
We have many skilled and highly qualified staff who encourage positive and meaningful play. We provide a child-centred service where our staff listen to the children, talk to them and provide various fun packed activities and who are not afraid to get their hands messy too!
Why choose St James Out of School Club?
St James Out of School Club has many benefits for children and parents.
- have confidence with already knowing our staff as they work in the school;
- have space and support to complete homework. This is encouraged by using the computers, reading, writing and drawing;
- develop their self confidence and important social skills;
- interact with children of different ages and cultures;
- are encouraged to develop a range of new skills and learning opportunities whilst playing in a safe environment.
Parents / Carers
- have peace of mind knowing their children are safe and are in reliable, good quality childcare;
- are provided with the flexibility to access work/training before and after school hours.
Research shows that 40% of parents using out of school clubs are able to better their employment prospects.
Breakfast Club opens at 7:30am. All children must be signed in immediately upon arrival om the register provided. Our children then have the opportunity to have breakfast. Following breakfast, our children have the chance to chat and socialise with other children and adults and are encouraged to join in the activities or play. After tidy up, staff are assigned a year group to take to school in time for the start of the school day at 8:50am.
After School Club runs from 3:30pm to 6:00pm. After School Club staff collect children from school and a register is taken. Our children have the chance to chat and socialise or play. At 4:45pm, all children sit down and are provided with a snack; children are then encouraged to complete their homework/reading until an authorised parent/carer collects and signs them out.